Happy Friday! I have an exciting announcement for you all today so here goes...
I hate winter, but there is one thing I love about it...Christmas! I love the smell of pine & sugar cookies, the warmth of a cup of hot cocoa in hand, the snuggles with my little one under a warm blanket, trimming the tree, oh...and not to mention the entire day (lets be real...month) long celebration of Jesus!
Growing up, my sister and I were always given an ornament from our parents & other family for the tree. Obviously as we have grown, so has our ornament collection. It's something special that brings back memories of the year we got it and each one is chosen for a special reason. I love that our tree is filled with memories rather than meaningless red & green balls. It makes trimming the tree an extra special time and I can't wait to fill our tree with new memories with our daughter each year.
I want to add you all to my memories and decided to host an ornament swap (hopefully each year)! I will pair each one of you that signs up with someone to swap with. You don't have to spend lots of money, in fact, there is a $5 limit! If you're crafty you can make an ornament & if you're a little craft challenged, you are certainly free to shop for one. Sign ups will be held from now until October 25th. I will pair you up by November 1st so you have time to have a little chat with your partner and get/make your ornament. Ornaments should be shipped by November 24th to allow time for shipping. If you're anything like me, your tree will be up and ready to decorate by December 1st. (If it were up to me our tree would be up the day after Thanksgiving, but hubby yells at me...so I just start my Christmas music listening then.)
Breakdown of the rules:
- Please only sign up if you are 100% sure you are able to participate.
- Follow your hosts:Tutus & Tea Parties and Robyn's View
- Sign ups are from now until October 25th.
- You will get your partner's email address by November 1st.
- Your ornament can be handmade or bought but the spending limit is $5! (not including shipping)
- Ornaments must be shipped out by November 24th or sooner.
- This exchange is open to everyone, everywhere! On the sign up form you can choose your shipping preference.
- Place the Ornament Swap Button somewhere on your main blog page so others can join in the fun! Non bloggers also welcome! (this is optional, but would be nice if you could)
- Use hashtag #OrnamentSwap2012 to share. (Facebook it, Tweet it, Instagram a sneak peek, G+ it...whatever!) I'd love for you to tag me in your posts so other's can find out where to join.